This holiday season, Tiffin City Schools joined with generous organizations, volunteers, and local residents to support children and their families. From preschool through high school, every TCS building dedicated itself to spreading the spirit of giving. Here are just a few highlights from dozens of holiday efforts which will reap practical benefits and joyous memories well into 2020.
It’s never too early to share with others! Students and their families at Lincoln Preschool made a difference this holiday season by donating time, talent, and tangible items.
- Coordinated with PTO a Santa Shop that provided families with free professional holiday portraits by Jill Gosche, free visits with Santa, gifts of literacy (donated and wrapped books) and candy bags.
- Coordinated a Christmas for a family with five children who lost their father days before Thanksgiving.
- Gave area seniors a happy holiday by donating to Christmas boxes prepared by Seneca County Community Council. Also worked with the students of TCC (Mr. Ottney and Mrs. Luidhardt) to complete Christmas crafts with Lincoln students to deliver to various Senior Centers in Seneca County.
This holiday season, Washington, Krout, and Noble Elementary Schools came together with a number of organizations to provide for needs in the community and beyond.
- Contributed to the citywide Stockings for Soldiers drive by collecting enough items to fill 132 stockings––after setting a goal of filling 100!
- Collected for the canned food drive in conjunction with the Salvation Army.
- Instead of buying staff Christmas gifts, the Krout staff purchased 30 Kroger vouchers to help families with their holiday meals.
Tiffin Middle School
Our middle school students had a blast working together this year to bring the warmth of the holiday season to people both within and outside their doors.
- Student Council collected 934 cans of food and/or boxed items to donate to Seneca County people in need.
- Student Council provided six families with wrapped gifts for their TMS children based upon the students’ hobbies, interests, and needs.
- TMS Choir visited local retirement homes to perform holiday songs for seniors.
Tiffin Columbian High School
Our generous and talented high school students spanned the holiday season with a number of programs that inspired and provided for the community.
- SADD, Students Against Destructive Decisions, made a Remembrance Tree to raise awareness about the dangers of addictions. Students added ornaments to the tree in memory of those who have lost their battle with addiction.
- Students visited Lincoln Pre-K to help preschoolers write letters to Santa, bringing together our oldest and youngest TCS students.
- Choristers provided holiday cheer with performances at Mohawk's annual craft show, the Seneca County Board of DD Christmas gathering, St. Francis, and a morning radio spot for Mix 96.7 WBVI in Fostoria, OH.
As the new year gets into full swing, we’re excited to see our students continue to give the best of their time and talents to their schools and surrounding community. To see what we’re up to follow along by liking us on Facebook and Instagram!